1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

Are You Really So Ignorant? -- An Open Appeal To Chronically Muted Players

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rJayT2, Jan 16, 2017.

1. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    9:43 PM
    Guys, we all know by now that if you swear, you will be muted. It has become routine and mundane. Player swears or 'rages', gets muted, appeals, tears, their friends act out and make a scene, we take pity, they're unmuted, few days later, again they swear or make sexually inappropriate remarks, and then claim they didn't mean what was said when they clearly did. And it goes round and round.

The story is endless.

This is not okay. Repeated swearing and sexual innuendo will get you permanently muted. The appeal system is in place to appeal a final decision by staff. Why do you expect us to unmute you when you clearly have broken multiple rules over time? You will not evade my muting you by trying to edge around inappropriate words, and then claim you didn't technically say anything wrong. That isn't how it works, people.

Why do you constantly talk about inappropriate things? Life is so much more than immature trends and peer pressure to conform to the mindless trash around you. I mute you and you say "well I didn't spell the word right so why did you mute me?" Really????? Are you REALLY so ignorant of how life works? I don't think so. I don't think so at all.

I think you have a problem with authority and rules. And I think it needs to stop.

Rules and laws are in place for a reason. In this case, we are a family friendly server and will not and cannot tolerate deviant and toxic behavior. I understand your need for attention and acceptance. I do. Real life is difficult. And while ShadowXCraft strives to be a healthy escape, we are not a vent where you can act out and vent your rebellious bad side.

Bottom line is, I'm tired of muting the same people for the same reasons over and over and over and over and over and over again and then having them trash talk staff and make a big scene when they caused it themselves. Then they try to say how sorry they are and how sad they are that they 'can't talk to their friends'. That's rich, considering you guys are always on Skype and whatever else together. You brought it on yourselves. The rules aren't going to change, and getting yourself muted and then saying how unfair it is is the height of immaturity and plain stupidity. It's getting ridiculous. So here are a few of the common arguments and the rebuttals.

"My life is hard and you don't know what I'm going through. It's probably much worse than your life."

That's a common approach when I'm talking with some of these players. The thing is, my life is hard too. I've been through hell and worse. Even recently. But I don't need to act out and be foolish to compensate. It's not that hard. It's a decision.

"It's not fair, I have freedom of speech!"

Freedom of speech is the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. ShadowXCraft, while it is in America, is private property, and we can make rules as to what can and will be talked about or discussed. 'Freedom of speech' mongering will not work here.

"Calm down, stop being so uptight."

I couldn't be calmer. I'm not uptight. In fact, I would argue that it's players that break the rules so often that are uptight and not calm.

"Other servers let me swear."

Other servers suck. Really badly. And have no structure or a comprehensive community. Most of them are overgrown and understaffed, and are plagued with horrible players and situations where bullying rules.

"It's just a block game. OMG."

... This is not just a block game. ShadowXCraft happens to exist outside of Minecraft. For one, I take offense that any other game that is a 'block game' is taken seriously. Minecraft is the first and only relevant block games, the rest are cheap knock-offs. So it's not just 'a block game'. For another, ShadowXCraft is the server, not the game. The game may be simplistic and lame if you want to think it is. That has nothing to do with rules pertaining to ShadowXCraft as an organisation.

"Why can't you take our suggestions seriously, like separate in-game channels for immature idiots who love horrible things?"

Suggestions are great. We have a suggestions forum right here on ShadowXCraft.net. If you don't use that forum to make a suggestion, it likely will not be kept in mind, so we won't remember it. We have decided not to create ways to be vulgar in-game because that takes work, and we'd have to keep an eye on that channel anyway, and I don't want to read that crap.

"It's 2017, kids already know all this stuff you're trying to hide from them."

That's not true. Kids like you already know, but many children do not. In addition to this, we do not want parents seeing adverse content on ShadowXCraft and forbidding their children from playing.

That's all I have time to type right now. Just please everyone behave and respect the staff's choice to make this a family friendly server. You can refrain from being a moron on the server. It is within your power as a human being. I promise you it's your fault if I perm-mute you.

Good day.

2. Michaeldeboss

Michaeldeboss
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    6:43 PM
    I agree.

3. X1X_

X1X_
    Expand Collapse
    Helper
    Staff Member Developer

Local Time:
    2:43 AM
    I 100% agree with you.
    There is always a definite reason to why someone is punished.
    It's very simple: you follow all the rules and regulations and we can all have a good time here. You break rules and regulations, you will be punished accordingly. According to the rules, we, as staff members, are allowed to mute WITHOUT warning. We do not mute for no reason; we have not and will not ever mute unfairly, as many claim in their appeals. Appeals are for repenting, not for complaints about how we're doing our duties wrong.
    This is like school (even though some of you come on to escape school)- there are regulations you are obligated and compelled to follow, and not for a bad cause.

Lightning, rJayT2 and Michaeldeboss like this.
  4. AsianDanteh

AsianDanteh
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    Holy poop of the magikarp.
    This is so true.

5. theSteveSoup113

theSteveSoup113
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Local Time:
    how can i explain this, because it's so true.
    i just can't say anything, because i'm speechless.
    that's how true this is.

6. Lightning

Lightning
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Society sometimes... -_-

7. Michaeldeboss

Michaeldeboss
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Shadow is barely a society. We are a family. A community,and we should respect each other... Saying toxic things is bad. You never know the person who you are talking to and how their life is. I have experienced this firsthand.

8. nickrules

nickrules
    Expand Collapse
    King

Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    to be honest, saying that other servers suck is a OPINION not a factual fact.

9. Michaeldeboss

Michaeldeboss
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Swearing is adult content right? And half the time kids under 13 are hearing swears in those servers. But stupid people try to hide the swears by adding numerical modifications to bypass mutes.

10. nickrules

nickrules
    Expand Collapse
    King

Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    Agreed.

11. Lightning

Lightning
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I never said shadowxcraft.

#11 Lightning, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  12. Michaeldeboss

Michaeldeboss
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    We all have different lives- religion, countries or just plain old clothing. Shadowxcraft delivers a good and caring family-friendly server. Other servers do not care about the world's next generation. What if one or a series of bad content changes the world. What if one of those children saved the earth from asteroid impact, or creating a new medicine against zika (correct me if I'm wrong). Basically all our lives are different. And we should care for who we are, even though people ruin it.

13. steelersrule234

steelersrule234
    Expand Collapse
    Hero

Local Time:
    I 100% agree with Michael

14. Lightning

Lightning
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    same here

15. Spectral_Playz

Spectral_Playz
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    8:43 PM
    I 99% Agree with you! (Ill make it 100% if you open appeals again.)

16. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    Do you mean open them for public viewing? No. That will never happen.
    Yes, it's my opinion. I cannot help that my opinion happens to be the truth. Sometimes I hate being right so much.

17. Spectral_Playz

Spectral_Playz
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Rats... Worth a try.

18. Tsprings73

Tsprings73
    Expand Collapse
    Network Administrator
    Staff Member Shadow Admin

Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    We have appeals and reports private now because of un-needed arguments. As well as some players were afraid to report because the reported user could see the report and possibly retaliate.

Furozun and rJayT2 like this.
  19. PixlrC3fe

PixlrC3fe
    Expand Collapse
    Popular Member

Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    Finally someone knows how I feel

rJayT2 and MakerKitty like this.
  20. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Hmm one of the things they say are completely wrong.
    "Other servers let me swear."Not only do they not allow you to swear in public chat its unallowed in private chat and many other chats. True the punishment is lower then here (not even a mute, the word is just replaced and you get a message saying please don't swear/use inappropriate language, unless you are spamming it then you are temporary muted). But so far most servers are switching to a non-toxic chat filter switching commonly used curses and sexual language to more appropriate words and phrases And although are more relaxed (such as bypassing is relatively easy) im pretty sure a LOT of servers (besides adult only servers... god never agian) are switching to a filter of some kind.The ones that blankly dont care ussually have only a few active staff, and by active i mean maybe on once a week or only on one sub server.And the players ussually end up having a lot of drama and fights.Along with many ads and spam.

And i think they should definitely keep the punishment section private, it turned into a place of one upping people and basically a place of drama. Now its were the player reports, staff say what they need to say, person is punished if punishment is needed, and they write appeal if needed, staff do they thing. Drama is almost gone.

rJayT2 likes this.