1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

My Thoughts/Suggestions On SXC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Koolman123, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Koolman123

Koolman123
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Builder

Local Time:
    1:50 PM
    Before I start, I am not brining NO HATE to SXC, or anyone on the staff team. These are just my suggestions and opinions on the server.

My Thoughts:

Alright so honestly, if you guys remember waaaayyy back then, SXC had a decent amount of players for a start of a server, had about 25-30 people, and I've noticed that in let's say, somewhere around 2016, the server for-say, was going downhill, and I agree. I am quite disappointed on the staff team with it's laziness, (again, not being hateful or rude in anyway). I know the staff team has been working on Prison 2, (which I will talk about in "My Suggestions"). The team really needs to stop right now, and think in the past, why they've been getting more players. This was exactly why I applied for staff, (my recent staff application is on the forum if you would like to see). And in fact, I've also noticed that every time SXC has an event going on, more members join, which maybe should happen more question mark? Anyways, all I'm saying is, just think back, and see what needs to bring back players to play on the server.

My Suggestions:
    I'm just gonna do bullet points/short sentences for these.

•STOP DOING PRISON 2, SURVIVAL 3, ETC. Numbers aren't needed, it's useless, just say there's an update on a server.
    •Add some more MiniGames! Like I said, try to not use MiniGames 2, because it'll be pointless, add and think of some games.
    •Never. Change. Hub. EVER. The server needs to make up there mind and have an official hub to it, (this includes to the ones on HG, Survival, etc).
    •This follows up to the hubs, make them unique as possible.
    •More fun events. People love those! Plus get more staff members involved in them!
    •Change the background on the website to this recents hub. Members will probably think the website/server is run-down.
    •Make that follow button bigger and make it stand out more, don't you want to get a persons profile some little attention?
    And finally, •Too much holograms and useless signs at hub man, get rid of those! (That includes to some servers too).

Like I said I am not bringing hate on the sever, these are just my suggestions and opinions on it. Thank you for reading!

~Koolman123

2. AsiqnRodder

AsiqnRodder
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Also make sure your anti-cheat works and also make sure you don't falsely ban people. Thanks; this thread deserves all the love in the world. #MakeShadowGreatAgain

Koolman123 likes this.
  3. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    I would love to see more discussion on this in the comments below. It seems you put some thought into this post. This is what we watch for. :)

4. PixlrC3fe

PixlrC3fe
    Expand Collapse
    Popular Member

Local Time:
    1:50 AM
    Everything was paradise before

Koolman123 likes this.
  5. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I'm not sure about that. We had our problems then too. While it was better to you then, just bear in mind; things are always lots better in the past once a lot of time has gone by. Humans tend to weed out the bad and remember the good. Good times are still to be had on ShadowXCraft. Just gotta get on and have some fun. Truth is, lots of people left, but it wasn't because SXC went bad. Some of those people left because of personal grudges against staff, and they took their lies, and their friends, with them. Sad, but not a killer. We move forward.

6. trifire

trifire
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Aye... finally someone who agrees with me XD. I love the hub.

Overall, I think these are good suggestions. I've got just a few questions about couple of them.

So I'm a little confused here... On the one hand, you're telling staff to stop doing what they're doing. On the other hand, you're telling staff to stop sitting around twiddling their thumbs... what exactly do you want them to be doing? You just want them to spend time making minigames? Or "getting involved" in "fun events?" Was that what made the server better way back when? (Honest question here, I wasn't around) Also, I would REALLY hate to see work on P2 just stop after so much effort has been put into it. Hope that won't happen. Maybe you mean stop as in don't start new projects?

7. X1X_

X1X_
    Expand Collapse
    Helper
    Staff Member Developer

Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    Prison 2 will not be called Prison 2.0 upon release, because we have a very definite storyline I have devised with support of the staff team. This storyline will be applied to the whole network eventually, making everything more interesting and resulting in more things for us to do to make your experience better.

8. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Yeah, it won't be named Prison 2 as a name. That is the working project name. In addition to this, we are most certainly not stopping work on Prison 2 or cancelling it. Do not worry. And it's going to be crazy awesome.

9. Tsprings73

Tsprings73
    Expand Collapse
    Network Administrator
    Staff Member Shadow Admin

Local Time:
    11:50 AM
    The numbering and such (Prison 2.0, Survival 3, etc) are more so for development and has no effect on the server, naming of the sub-server, or how it works.

10. minermoo

minermoo
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    If SXC need to reach out public, I think the server needs a Trailer for the server not sub. If you guys can make 1, then the youtubers who play SXC can upload the same file. Check Ultra's trailer, must be catchy. If you are doing so try getting a sneak peek of staff room

11. tommydragon619

tommydragon619
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    6:50 PM
    To be fair, shadow is better when staff play it as it increases player count and a more friendly environment, also most players stay when staff are usually involved as their first impressions rely mostly on staff and player count.

jlnz and Koolman123 like this.