1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

Survival 3.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RedCoffeeMaker, Nov 7, 2016.

?

What type of plugins should the Survival 3.0 update contain?

1. Vanillia (no plugins whatsoever, anarchy)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Player-Friendly (essentials, anti-grief etc...)

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Modded (jetpacks, backpacks, custom enchants, etc...)

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  4. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Both Player-Friendly and Modded, but seperate servers

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Towny (Peaceful factions)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedCoffeeMaker

RedCoffeeMaker
    Expand Collapse
    Builder
    Legend

Local Time:
    3:42 AM
    Please take other player's opinion into mind when answering this.

GalacticFreaky likes this.
  2. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    modded survival would be nice, but would also like some anti-grief sutff like what we have now.

3. RedCoffeeMaker

RedCoffeeMaker
    Expand Collapse
    Builder
    Legend

Local Time:
    Modded also takes more time to code

Furozun likes this.
  4. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    I added an option.

5. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    The only thing i hate about townies is that sometimes you'll have trap towns or people who betray just to betray.

6. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Can you pleas explain? If we were to do towny it would be custom coded, so if you can explain the issue I can prevent it from happening.

7. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Trap towns are towns that ether set a /t spawn for new players into a player grinder, or towns that when people are done moving their stuff they kick them from the town and steal their stuff. While people who betray their town for sometimes literally no reason but to troll steal and break stuff while nobody is online but the betrayers.

8. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I have some ideas on how to minimize some of these issues.

Furozun likes this.
  9. EnjoyUrBan

EnjoyUrBan
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Like... The essentials plugin?
    or maybe.. essential plugins.... We may never know...

10. EnjoyUrBan

EnjoyUrBan
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I think custom enchants would ruin the point of survival. I think that other "mods" would be great.

Sorry if this is weird, but I am a weird person :D

iBloodMC likes this.
  11. theSteveSoup113

theSteveSoup113
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Local Time:
    custom enchants seem cool, but as untie said,
    ,so yeah.... but im hyped for 3.0 because the shop will finally be fixed!!!! :O :D

12. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Hmm, a lot of people (including myself) have used survival for a towny server. And as he said too many custom enchants would take the fun out of it. (like its ok for factions because lets face it, the crazyer the enchants on factions the funner it becomes). The most appropriate would be like a couple extra unbreaking or effectioncy or other exstincting enchat lvls on certain items for like a rank or something. I kinda miss the old golden shovel claim plugin we used to have. As im pretty sure if it is worked with im pretty sure it could be better then the current walls we have now. Mcmmo plugin would also be a fun addition to survival. Kind of like goals for players. I'm sure yea'll have some ideas for towny and survival as you have seen a lot of plugins for both. A few things i would defiantly think would be neat is ALL dimensions are explorable. (end can be set to be reset each week or month or something, along with have a limited border that way the dimension doesn't lagg the server too much with perminate builds and claims all over the place along with the generation of chunks) Auction house plugin would also be ok if we mixing town along with a chestshop (you can choose to have tax , lieanses, or a payment for having a shop warp). And finnally (inner headhunter) mob heads, cuz so i don't have to build a charged creeper farm to get heads besides nether skele XD

13. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    The biggest limitation of exploring is storage. These worlds get huge, and we only have a limited amount of storage, especially for backups.

We can use a towny plugin, we can use the old plugin where you claimed land, or we can create our own plugin after we're done with Prison.
    If we were to create a plugin, how do you think we can make all of the following work?
    - Limited storage, so therefore the land that is explored should be utilized to the greatest extent
    - Griefing
    - Groups playing with each other
    - Roles of each player within towns
    - Limited resources

Michaeldeboss and Furozun like this.
  14. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Hmm, that is true, kinda surprised survival overworld and a lot of nether worlds don't overdo with the storage capacity since most players can go far into the 10ks or 30k range, adding another dimension with the same rules would definitely overwork the storage set aside for the subserver.

A quick solution to both the limited storage and the limited resources (unless you are talking about physcial resources to do these projects) would be to put a world border, completely your option on how big, on the three dimensions. This way there is more room to have plugins and extra room for you guys and the server to work and process. I said in my last comment that the end should be reset regularly, that way people can use it regularly, if that does become a problem having a simple dragon arena in the end should suffice most towny/survival players. Would also probably on the plus side while voting for the server it would have an option on the vote token menu of "The end" where it had a chance of giving ether money , end related items (the rarer the item the less it chance would be, this includes end city items) and ender crystals to fight the ender dragon agian. Just so that achievement and major minecraft milestone can be achieved.

Griefing is a huge problem, claims and /trusts can't fully stop most griefing and people who grief do know its against the rules. Some suggestions would be a towny like /claim /trust system that a leader of a party or town can claim land and set aside land for people to build on. And there can be a "Safety border protection" on any claim that things like liquids and blocks can't be placed by people not associated with the claim. *a safe border width would probably be 1-3 blocks, anything more is rather pointless and would probably put more work on the server*. Along with having the usual explosions disabled to damper any thought of tnt griefing just like the current one and just like the current one disable tnt crafting, along with having firespread off. Probably also have it set so the fire block cannot be placed on any overworld based item besides obsidean, just so people don't go fire crazy. Last but not least would probably be a lockette plugin for storage systems so people don't get item griefed. (which can probably be worked into the claim plugin that is any chest with [Private] will be privated to the person that land is owned by (once the towny/party leader gives a person land they are only trusted not owning the land, if the person is kicked from the town/party for whatever reason privated chests would be automatically gone after 3 days, cannot have more then one "waiting to be removed" privated chest group)

As said before the survival can have a /party or /towny thing going. Things like /sethome and chats for the group.The amount of blocks (x&z, y is all given so no overlapping stuff) would be like a add of all the members claim block totals. Just like in most of the other subservers here have a leader board. Along with towny/party/group/squad minigames/arenas (since lets face it this is a pvp orientated server) such as mob areas or boss battles where whoever kills most mobs/hurts boss most gets reward and respect for their town//ninja clan/pack/school group.

Hmm "Roles of each player within towns" well with mcmmo that would be based on stats, but without that most players usually filter themselves out XD. And the town owner usually gives them a title and or uses signs in /town home for jobs. If you guys would like to a /town job might be a neat idea. I think there is a plugin called jobs which can actually be incorporated into towny fairly easily or use for a reference at the least. Basically when you chop wood it gives you a level, the more wood you chop the more money you earn. If this would be incorporated into a town plugin then if someone was given a lumberjack or woodcutting job then they would be given money from town owner for chopping wood based on their level of their job. Although it should probably be based on each real time day so owners have time to balance their checking accounts.

If you are talking about limited physical resources like data set aside for the subserver i completely understand all that. I don't really have a firm grip on plugins yet *still learning XDD* but im sure yea'll can bundle some plugins together,test them, see how they work with being bundled, and see if you can make the bundle stronger but also have it save on data. Such as incorporating the claim/towny plugin with a /lockette plugin mentioned above. Since 1.12 is also coming out soon along with all the new commands coming out that could help cut down on excess plugin functions.