1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

Survival Sub-server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OT_Goatasis, Jun 16, 2016.

1. OT_Goatasis

OT_Goatasis
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    4:27 PM
    Hello and thank you for taking your time to read my suggestions for the survival sub-server. So let's get started:
    1) Silk Touch and spawners - First off, me and @DJDan were testing if you could silk touch a spawner and we concluded that it doesn't work. I believe this feature would be great since moving a spawner would be much more convenient than misplacing it and adjusting a farm or a building etc. To meet the requirements.
    2) Maximum plots - Having a single plot may seem resource worthy but once you start mining and playing for a while, valuable ores tend to get much harder to find resulting in going to a friend's plot to mine with them. I believe that players should get an extra plot which can be useful to most players that has had their plot be a whole ocean much like a friend of mine. This may seem to be overpowered and easy to obtain items in survival but after a while, it begins to progressively get harder to obtain items.
    3) Homes - I also believe that having the ability to set more than one home can be greatfully benefitted by all players as they can constantly move between they're plot and a friends plot if they are moving large amounts of items. This can also benefit players as constant tpa requests aren't being sent every other minute. This can also allow for faster movement for players as a quick travel to a farm then to their home/base.
    4) Permissions - As mentioned at my first suggestion, there should be an option to choose which permissions a player has much like /p add and /p trust. I believe that commands that allow players to toggle which type of permissions they can have. E.g. I can toggle MinecrafterForLife to only be able to open doors, trapdoors, fence gates/any thing with a door, levers, buttons and not be able to access chests, furnaces, hoppers etc. I believe that this can improve plot safety without having to constantly watch the added players as well as being able to control what actions they can't do such as griefing you and killing your tamed wolf/ocelot.

Thank you for reading my suggestions and I hope you take them into consideration.

2. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    Maximum plots is a no go. You have so many ores left in your plot that can be mined. It's perception.
    Other than that, great suggestions.

OT_Goatasis likes this.
  3. OT_Goatasis

OT_Goatasis
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Okay thank you!

rJayT2 likes this.
  4. Furozun

Furozun
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    Great suggestions, but i don't think multiple plots are ok, as most ores (besides diamonds at the moment) can be obtained via a farm. (coal can be obtain via a nether skellie farm, iron iron golem farm, Gold Pigmen farm, Emerald villager farm). Other then that the suggestions are awesome :D

5. ShadowXRemember

ShadowXRemember
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    1:57 AM
    I think the multiple plot idea is good , but it would be better if we had to buy the 2nd plot , like 10k-20k ?
    That would add more challenge .
    -Sky

6. OT_Goatasis

OT_Goatasis
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    #tbt to when you could buy villager spawn eggs.

7. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    Unfortunately people may lose their homes if I add a multi-home solution. I would need to custom code it.
    For Survival 3.0 I am planning on custom coding it, I have some nice plans :) It's a lot better than the current one.. It may be a challenge to code though.

Furozun and OT_Goatasis like this.
  8. rJayT2

rJayT2
    Expand Collapse
    Rule Breakers' Worst Nightmare
    Staff Member Moderator Shadow

Local Time:
    But if you're anything like me, a challenge is the best kind of coding to do.

9. OT_Goatasis

OT_Goatasis
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    I hope it turns out great! Can't wait to see it!

Furozun, MakerKitty and rJayT2 like this.