1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello!
    To see the content of this page, you need to be signed in to our website.

You can sign in or sign up at: https://www.shadowxcraft.net/login/
    Dismiss Notice

Towny Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by trifire, Aug 8, 2018.

1. trifire

trifire
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    Wasn't really sure where this should go, but it didn't fit under any of the other categories, so off topic it is.

This thread is meant for discussion related to the new towny server, the kind of stuff you might ask a more experience player ingame. Since few of us really know what's going on, I figured it might be nice if we try to help each other out with things we've learned.

This is NOT a bug report thread, report all bugs here.

Here are some of the questions I've got.

Are we supposed to be able to build anywhere in the wilderness? I mean, we can't destroy blocks (unless we blow up creepers) so it seems weird that we can build wherever we want, as long as it's not claimed. Not complaining, I actually think it's kinda cool, but I just don't know if it was meant to be that way.

Sometimes standing in water will replenish your hydration, sometimes it doesn't. Any idea why this is?

Is it worth keeping your town hidden, perhaps far away from spawn? If there are gonna be wars and stuff, would that give you a big advantage?

2. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    Wilderness is where you find a place to build your town. Placing is just there so you can climb to new places to find the perfect location.

It's set to do it while swimming. That's all I know. Maybe it defines swimming as moving.

@KurtTheFruit

3. KurtTheFruit

KurtTheFruit
    Expand Collapse
    Builder
    Staff Member Builder

Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    - It's meant to be that way. We don't want people depleting the Main World of resources, hence why we made the Resource World. But yeah you can build, but you can only fully interact with the world if the land belongs to you.

- Nope, it wont give you any advantage. In fact it is slightly a disadvantage. You wont be able to defend your town easily since the WAR SCORE is based on How long the enemy stands your town chunk (16X16 TOWN PLOT), and if you're underground, it would take a while for you to attempt to kill the player on your town chunk. The enemy playerkill is just a few bonus points, the main point of the war is to keep the enemies off your lawn.

- As liz said, yes you are swimming, technically.