1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadowxcraft's Targeting Issue

Discussion in 'NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by TheDarkStrafes, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarkStrafes

TheDarkStrafes
    Expand Collapse
    Hero Retired

Local Time:
    8:58 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Today I would like to have a discussion with you guys about "Targeting" and the meaning of It.(There are Three types of Targeting).
    1. Targeting is when a player follows another player for long periods of time.
    2. Targeting is when a player only attacks one certain player.
    3. Targeting is when a player follows another player after getting attacked by others repeatedly.

This issue usually happens when:
    1. The player is competitively better than you.
    2. The player has killed you in one game and you get upset.
    3. The player gains a lot of attention and you feel that killing the player would give you the attention.
    4. The player started trash talking and you get upset.
    5. You just choose to annoy/target them because they may have a bad temper.

We (The Staff), would like to discuss the feeling and the purpose of Targeting whether it is for fun or competitively. This is a major issue that usually happens in HG and KITPVP. We would like to prevent this from ever happening to new players (It could make them leave). It would really make our jobs easier and even make Shadow an even healthier community than what it is today. We would like to solve this issue but we need your opinions first.​

#1 TheDarkStrafes, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. _The_Pumpkin_

_The_Pumpkin_
    Expand Collapse
    Hero Retired

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    I think that targeting can be used as both a way to annoy a friend as a jest, but it also can get annoying quickly. I think in friend groups, targeting rules can be more lenient, but when two people are 'enemies', then the rule should be enforced more harshly to avoid people from raging.

3. lizardfreak321

lizardfreak321
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member Owner Founder

Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    This is a hard thing to solve. It's hard to balance fun, playful, competitive, targeting with overly competitive or mean targeting.

4. X1X_

X1X_
    Expand Collapse
    Helper
    Staff Member Developer

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    People could target you and then when you say "I'm gonna record you" or you tell staff, they immediately stop targeting. That's why it's so hard to stop targeting.

TheDarkStrafes likes this.
  5. ICryWhenISneeze

ICryWhenISneeze
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    The player gains a lot of attention and you feel that killing you would give you the attention.

You feel that killing you would give you the attention <--- What??

Infehh and RaylightMC like this.
  6. X1X_

X1X_
    Expand Collapse
    Helper
    Staff Member Developer

Local Time:
    This also brings up teaming...
    When our "motley crew" go into arena 8 to practise and 1v1, other people follow us in. We don't want them in there because it's private, so we kill them. But they say we're teaming and then try and report us; they also keep on coming back, which annoys us and interrupts our 1v1s. The current 1v1/skirmish is stupid, because there is a time limit and large arenas with lots of terrain and places to hide. We want medium arenas, with not much terrain, so we can ACTUALLY 1v1 properly and not depend on arena 8 and 6 and then have our experiences and training ruined.

TheDarkStrafes and Infehh like this.
  7. gmmc88

gmmc88
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    6:58 PM
    when there aren't that many ppl on, it feels like targeting, and I'm afraid to PVP cuz i don't want other people to feel this way

Infehh likes this.
  8. AnderBrine

AnderBrine
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Just for your info @_DarkStrafes_ ,
    That time you banned me for targeting, the truth is I wasn't targeting you at all. You were just close by so I decided I would go for you.
    ( Just to tell you, I already did kill a few players before I attacked you, so please don't misunderstand the fact that I'm targeting you^^ )
    Regards
    Anders~

9. xrift_

xrift_
    Expand Collapse

Local Time:
    Most people target in kitpvp but some people never stop going for you even though they are about to die themselves. I think only excessive targeting should be bannable. The problem is that when you try to report them they instantly stop targeting. Unless there is a plugin stopping people from targeting e.g. kicking a player for targeting its difficult to completely prevent it.

X1X_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.